£Competitive, London/Hybrid + Exceptional Benefits
An excellent opportunity has arisen to work for a leader in home appliances for an international brand and will expose you to not only company secretarial duties but also legal, and data protection. The role is central to the success of the business and has responsibilities spanning across three core areas making the role incredibly diverse as you support the Finance Director, Company Secretary.
You will be expected to provide the business with legal advice in relation to various legal matters as well as regulatory compliance and insurance renewal, as well as routine core company secretarial duties. The business will also see you responsible for the ongoing UK Data Protection and GDPR development. If you are looking for more variety in your role, enjoy a challenge and want to be seen at all level of the business, please apply today.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
- Providing internal legal support on various matters, including risk management, compliance regulations, money laundering, competition compliance etc;
- Providing professional advice to colleagues on corporate governance issues to ensure the legal statutory and regulatory obligations of the Company are met;
- Working with senior colleagues, to develop policies and procedures that support the implementation of new legislation, regulatory guidance, and best practice;
- To assist the Company Secretary with all the Company’s indemnity insurances;
- Gather and analyse relevant papers and files relating to claims and circumstances;
- Dealing with general queries and interpretation of contracts/documents. To be responsible for all Patent and Trademark filings, tracking, oppositions and renewals;
- Manage Board of Directors resolutions, meetings, Confirmation Statements, Annual Accounts Filings
- To be responsible for Modern Slavery policy training, updates and filing of approved policy;
- To be responsible for the ongoing UK Data Protection and GDPR development and training.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree level qualification, ideally legal
- CGI qualificiation
- 2 years working experience in a hybrid company secretarial role is desirable.
Attitudes and Behaviours:
- Organising & Planning & Execution;
- Diplomacy, discretion and integrity with an ability to work cross functions;
- Attention to detail;
- MS Office/Excel/PowerPoint;
- Ability to absorb and process information;
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.