A high-profile law firm is seeking an Assistant Company Secretary to join their energetic and friendly team in London reporting into a very impressive mentor. This exciting role will be responsible for a range of UK subsidiary work, supporting their multinational clients, including instructing and mentoring junior members of the team. The role offers a great opportunity to get involved with a very active and growing client base, in a hands-on and fast-paced working environment. The company boasts fantastic working culture and can offer some solid exposure to technical work, while at the same time offering mentorship from a very impressive manager.
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise with clients, ensuring that you maintain sold relationships;
- Advising clients on corporate governance matters and ensuring compliance with statutory requirements;
- Drafting minutes and resolutions;
- Manage junior members of the team;
- Undertaking ad hoc company secretarial projects;
- Assisting the wider corporate team with transactional work supplemental to company secretarial work.
Experience and Qualifications
- Preference for ICSA qualification;
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of company secretarial work (ideally a minimum of two years), gained either in-house or at a law firm/professional services firm;
- Prior comprehensive use of secretarial software (specifically Blueprint) is desired;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
Personal qualities and behaviours
- Excellent organisation skills and attention to detail;
- Self-motivated, a team player with a proactive attitude with a focus on commitment;
- Knowledge, understanding and experience of general office procedures;
- Experience of and ability to manage systems.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.