This leader in real estate asset management business is looking to recruit an Assistant Company Secretary to support the Company Secretary and General Counsel in delivering a professional and broad-ranging company secretarial service to the board, committees and affiliates of the Group. You will be joining at an exciting and critical period of growth, and you will ensure good corporate governance throughout. As Assistant Company Secretary you will be working on numerous projects and be assisting with a number of transactional activities for the group making this an exciting and diverse role in addition to core company secretarial responsibilities. Added to this, they have a great office location just off Oxford Street and can offer hybrid working. For those interested, please apply today!
Key Role and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Company Secretary in the administration and governance of the Board, its committees and all Group entities and the day-to-day administration of the Company ;
- Overseeing the administration of all Group entities – including the maintenance of statutory registers, Group entity listings, Companies House filings, and the maintenance of Group structure charts;
- Supporting corporate structuring activity in relation to the Group’s growth strategy via transactional activity;
- Overseeing the Group’s compliance with various fund/joint venture agreements;
- Working with the Chairman and other members of the Committees producing the Group Risk Report and Risk Matrix for submission to the Board;
- Generally supporting the Secretarial function.
Experience & Knowledge
- Relevant company secretariat qualification (ICSA/CGI), or working towards the same;
- Significant experience in a company secretarial or governance professional related role (e.g. 5 years +);
- Proven record of collaborating with colleagues across geographical and function boundaries; Ability to work with high levels of self-sufficiency, in a global organisation with diverse teams across the various businesses;
- Consistent track record of supporting board and management committees in their efficient operation in a fast-paced growing organisation;
- Proactive approach to work with good instincts to spot commercial concerns;
- Experience of working directly with and building relationships at Director level and with external stakeholders and business partners.
Personal qualities and behaviours
- Highly developed verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex material in a business-friendly format and prepare documentation for stakeholders groups at varying levels;
- Copes well with high volumes of work and thrives in a fast-paced complex work environment
- Possess outstanding organisational and stakeholder engagement skills with a track record of strong communication at all levels.
- Investment management experience, preferably internationally would be desirable.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.