£To attract the best + excellent bonus (tax free), Qatar
A rapidly growing investment management business now seeks to appoint an experienced Chartered Secretary or qualified solicitor to join their international corporate secretarial team based in Doha, Qatar.
The culture is fast-paced and collegiate and you will form part of a team offering a comprehensive company secretarial service to wholly-owned SPVs and JVs all over the world.
Qatar offers a great quality of life for you and your family. All salary and bonuses are paid free of tax and you will accrue one month’s salary per year of service payable at the end of your tenure. If you’d like to find out more about a role in this exciting organisation, please get in touch.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Working with external providers across multiple jurisdictions to ensure the ongoing compliance of entities with corporate secretarial requirements.
- Being part of a team responsible for developing and keeping up to date a Diligent/Blueprint electronic corporate entity system, devising processes to extend its uses and using it to ensure accurate information is promptly available to lawyers, Business Units and Management.
- Timely compliance of annual company law requirements by group entities (holding of AGMs, filing of annual returns) as well as ad hoc filings such as changes in directors within statutory deadlines
- Reviewing, and processing for approval, standard board and shareholders resolutions received from investee companies and joint venture entities.
- Provides legal advice, counsel and services and demonstrates knowledge in the areas of corporate affairs, corporate governance and capital markets;
- Serving as a resource for the Legal Department, Business Units and Management in relation to best practices with regard to the delivery of board packs, post-meeting actions after board and shareholder meetings, and matters of corporate governance, and working on the implementation, and adherence to, a policy on board representation.
- Providing training on board and shareholder resolutions and other basic company law matters.
Experience and Qualifications
- CGI/ICSA qualified or qualified solicitor
- Extensive track-record of success from professional services or a private equity or investment management business.
- Experience of managing global projects
- Extensive experience of drafting board and shareholder resolutions, including preparation of Board packs and minuting
- Solid track-record in company secretarial practice (maintenance of company registers, approval of statutory accounts, convening AGMs etc)
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Adaptable in approach with an ability to work well in ta time-pressured environment.
- Highly organised, efficient and professional outlook with an attention to detail, and an ability to act with complete discretion when handling board papers and other confidential materials.
- an ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds, combined with the flexibility to work on unfamiliar matters;
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.