An interesting opportunity to work as a part-time Company Secretary for a leading, independent charity has arisen on a 3 month contract. The role will see you providing governance and Company Secretarial support for the organisation, ensuring that it is aligning itself to best practice governance models. If you are qualified, or possess similar relevant qualifications, and are eager to take the next step in your career, then do get in touch. This role will report to the CEO and will play a pivotal role in advising the senior leadership team including the Board and the CEO.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Work alongside key relationship holders in making sure that the organisation, via its Board and Committees, operate effectively and efficiently;
- Maintain a high level of knowledge and awareness of all key corporate decisions, and advise trustees on these topics as appropriate, communicating in a timely and effective manner including on legal matters;
- Support the charity’s Chair and CEO on governance and company secretarial matters;
- Support the Chair across the full range of the Chair’s responsibilities, including trustee recruitment, induction, training, communication, and appraisal, supporting the Chair to undertake review and appraisals of individual trustees on an annual basis;
- Make sure that the Charity continually improves and adhere to best practice.
Experience and Qualifications
- Chartered Secretary/relevant legal qualification;
- Strong understanding of charity governance law and practices;
- Proven experience in providing quality governance advice and management support to Boards and Trustees;
- Experience in charity sector and working effectively with trustees & senior executive leadership;
- Experienced in senior-level stakeholder management.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Willingness and commitment to the role and company which may include occasional travel;
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with, and influence, senior stakeholders;
- Strong team player;
- Meticulous attention to detail.
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.