£Attractive, London (Hybrid)
Reach plc is the UK’s and Ireland’s largest commercial news publisher, incorporating more than 130 trusted brands, from national titles like the Mirror, Express, Daily Record and Daily Star, to local brands like MyLondon, BelfastLive and the Manchester Evening News. Its purpose is to enlighten, empower and entertain communities through journalism and they are seeking talent, who espouse their values and take pride in what they do and stand for.
As the media landscape continues to evolve, it is an exciting time to join Reach Plc in this senior role, leading its company secretarial function. Reporting to the CFO – with a dotted line to the CEO and Chair – and being responsible for a small team, you will enjoy a ‘hands-on’ environment, while also being part of ESG Management Committee, advising on best practice and leading on projects. The role requires an experienced governance professional to navigate and influence a heavy-weight board, as you will attend and minute the main board and its committees. We are looking for a high-calibre, forward-thinking individual with a strong plc background, energy, ideas and impact. If this resonates with you, please get in touch to find out more.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Supporting the Chair in ensuring the board functions efficiently and effectively.
- Advise the board of directors on matters related to corporate governance, legal compliance, and risk management within the context of a commercial news publisher.
- Lead the project management and co-ordination of company-wide projects as required.
- Responsible for overseeing the production of the Annual Report including the Directors’ Remuneration Report.
- Responsible for managing the company’s share plan schemes.
- Ensuring the continued development of team members, supporting them to reach their full potential.
Experience and Qualifications
- A professional qualification, such as CGI or legal qualification, is highly desirable.
- A strong understanding of company law, corporate governance, and regulatory requirements.
- Previous experience in a another FTSE-listed organisation.
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Ability to influence colleagues at the highest levels.
- Diplomacy and tact when dealing with sensitive or confidential information.
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner, using initiative.
The Core Partnership is exclusively retained on this assignment. To find out more, please contact Jon Moores or Mariza Dimaki on 020 3589 0333 or email firstname.lastname@example.org quoting Assignment 2200. (Any direct or third party applications will be forwarded to The Core Partnership).
The Core Partnership is a consciously inclusive recruitment agency, and therefore welcomes applications regardless of ethnicity or cultural background, age, gender, gender identity, nationality, religion, disability, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic.
We want to give all our candidates the best opportunity to succeed. If you need any adjustments to be made during the application process, please contact us
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.