£Market rate, Kent
Are you a junior governance professional looking for the next step in your career? Our client, a leading UK institution, is seeking an organised Governance Support Officer to join their team. Reporting to the Director of Governance and Assurance and working closely with the Head of the Secretariat, you will help with committee meetings and support and manage processes in the department, such as keeping the governance website up to date. If you are based in the area, then do get in touch!
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Support a range of the institution’s committees to ensure that these have effective secretarial support and function in accordance with agreed internal and external standards and schedules, good practice and the correct legal framework(s)
- Aid with the planning of the annual programme of work for each of the committees, including; drafting the overarching committee schedule and associated agenda planners.
- Help the Governance and Head of Secretariat with recruitment or election, induction and ongoing support of committee members
- Give administrative support for projects and initiatives run within the Directorate
- Develop and maintain the governance website.
- Support the AD Governance and Head of Secretariat in the ongoing review and drafting of the University’s governing documents to ensure they are adequate for use
- Act as first point of contact for all queries to the Directorate
Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to A Level (or equivalent)
- Proven experience of providing effective administrative support
- Previous experience of senior board/committee administration, including agenda management and the taking of precise meeting minutes
- Experience of working with multi-disciplinary teams across a department and an institution/company
Attitudes and Behaviours
- Excellent communication skills to build relationships with people of varying importance
- Outstanding Organisaton skills
Thank you for your interest in this Core Job. If you’d like to apply for this job, please click on “apply” and attach the latest version of your CV (unless we already have it). Alternatively, you can always give one of our Recruitment Partners a call.