The Company Secretary Market Survey 2020: The Impact of Covid-19 and Remuneration
This year’s market survey is ready to be released on Monday 29th June! We’d like to thank everyone who responded and helped raise £722 for FeedNHS. This year has been different and so is the focus of this survey; it couldn’t have been anything other than Covid-19 and the impact it’s had on the governance market and remuneration.
In anticipation of the release we thought we’d share with you a snippet of our findings:
- 24% of the respondents acknowledged that their organisation didn’t have a business continuity plan in place, while larger organisations were more likely to have one.
- Most respondents were happy with how the pandemic has been handled by their employer.
- Only 10% of UK companies held virtual Board and Committee meetings prior to the lockdown.
- 68% of have continued to recruit during the crisis.
- When data was collected, less than 3% of Company Secretaries and Governance professionals had been furloughed.
This is just a glance at some of the topics that we explored in the The Company Secretary Market Survey 2020. Our survey, ready for distribution next week, will go into a more detailed analysis, as well as sharing the views of our participants for the future. If you’d like to receive a copy and haven’t already been in touch, please do let us know by sending us a quick email to Survey@Core-Partnership.co.uk or by leaving a comment below.
If you need advice on staff retention, benchmarking, permanent or interim hiring or would like to have a confidential discussion about your job search, then please reach out to a member of the team on 020 3589 0333